[asterisk-users] SDP bug

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 04:04:56 MST 2007

Olle,

Regarding project Pineapple, I'm curious why rewrite (or refactor) the SIP
stack instead of using an open-source one. Did your research show that there
is nothing viable out there that'll fit well w/in Asterisk? OpenPBX
community is talking about using Sofia-SIP stack, for instance.

Raj

Well, the whole retransmit engine is flawed in Asterisk, something I
will try to fix in pineapple, the
project I'm trying to start as a major rework of the SIp channel. See
http://www.codename-pineapple.com.
The project is stalled due to lack of funding. I have a few sponsors
- thank you! - but not enough to
dedicate my time for it.