[asterisk-users] queue priority causes crash

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Mon Apr 2 09:44:36 MST 2007

Jordan Novak wrote:
> I am running 1.2.11, I have had the queue priority lock the system up
> twice in the last week. I will forgo how I know this is what caused
> it, just trust me. I used the weight function in queues.conf to add
> priority to the queue. Is there another way to do it that will make it
> more stable?
Jordan,

We had frequent lock ups using weights with queues in Asterisk Business
Edition.  Digium tech support told us the weights were are problem, so
we took them out.  We now log agents in with a penalty instead.  After a
month of heavy use (200-300 concurrent calls) this seems to have
resolved our issue.

I'm curious to know how you diagnosed the cause of the lock ups so
quickly.  We experienced these problems for a year before we got an
answer.  Maybe we could compare notes and help Digium resolve the
problem so that weights can be used again.

Thank you,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions
Software Engineer and Systems Developer