[asterisk-users] chan-capi-HEAD and Asterisk 1.4.2

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Mon Apr 2 08:47:12 MST 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Peer Oliver Schmidt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed the above two, and have two questions:
>
> * Is there a reason (or better=a fix), why the chan-capi-1.0.0 does
> not compile together with Asterisk 1.4.2?

Actually chan-capi-1.0.0 does compile with Asterisk 1.4.2. The problem is
that after Asterisk 1.4.1 the asterisk version file was changed and the
chan-capi script to detect the asterisk version does not recognize it.
This problem is fixed in HEAD version of chan-capi, but you can also just
change the line
  if grep -q "ASTERISK_VERSION_NUM 0104" $INCLUDEDIR/version.h; then
  if grep -q "ASTERISK_VERSION_NUM .*104" $INCLUDEDIR/version.h; then
in create_config.sh

> * Anyone else experiencing problems with chan-capi-HEAD not seeing
> the controller? If I run asterisk with verbose setting to 0, i.e.
> just asterisk -c chan-capi does not find the controller. Starting
> asterisk with verbosity turned up, most of the time the controller is
> found.
>
> Might this be a problem of missing CPU power (PII-400)?

I don't know where this could happen. Do you have more info on what exactly
is happening and when?

Armin