[asterisk-users] Best Hardphone (Subjective?)

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Mon Apr 2 01:09:43 MST 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Corporate IT Solutions - Michael Dunne wrote:

> After working with the Grandstream GXP 2000 series phones, I have
> decided that I am quite unhappy with their problems, both voice quality,
> volume, features and others. For their price now, there are plenty of
> phones to choose from as  well.
>
> So subjectively what would be the best Hardphone for a small/medium
> business with multiple line support, BLF, etc.
>
> Are the Cisco 7960 the best of the bunch, or Aastra etc?
>
> I have just had a GXP start its daily lockup where you come in in the
> morning and it requires a hard reset, and this is getting a little
> boring having to keep flashing and carrying on.

I'm intrigued... I've deployed many GXP2000's now, as has a friend of
mine, and we've not seen these sorts of problems ... I'm currently of the
opinion that for their cost they actually are a good desk phone... But am
I simply looking for trouble? (I've not started to use the BLF features
yet though - maybe this is where the issues are?)

Gordon