[asterisk-users] Re: asterisk-users Digest, Vol 26, Issue 172

Frank Tarczynski ftarz at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 29 11:51:06 MST 2006

> Message: 9
> Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:23:29 -0700
> From: Ken Godee <ken at perfect-image.com>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] Replacing mpg123 with madplay under
> 	Solaris?
> 	<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
>
>> I'm running Asterisk 1.2.12.1 on a Solaris 10 box.  I've built mpg123
>> but it doesn't want to play well under Solaris so I want to replace it
>> madplay.
>>
>> I've edited app/app_mp3.c and res/res_musiconhold.c to change the calls
>> for mpg123 to madplay with the appropriate options.
>>

> I'm using a little older version of asterisk with Madplay, but
> is it not still configured the same way, through the......
>
> "musiconhold.conf"
>
> ;
> ; Music on hold class definitions
> ;
> [classes]
>
> default => custom:/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3/,/usr/local/bin/madplay -Q
> --attenuate=-5 --mono -R 8000 --output=RAW:-
>
> iron2 => custom:/var/lib/asterisk/iron2/,/usr/local/bin/madplay -Q -z
> --attenuate=-25 --fade-in --mono -R 8000 --output=RAW:-

Yes, I have madplay configured in my musiconhold.conf file too.  But if I
leave mpg123 in the app_mp3.c and res_musiconhold.c files then asterisk
will spawn mpg123 processes as well.  On my Solaris box these mpg123
processes will slowly consume more and more of the CPU until killed.
madplay is much better behaved.

I've basically just edited the app_mp3.c and res_musiconhold.c files
replacing the mpg123 entries with madplay.  My problem seems to be with
getting the options for madplay right so it will work when spawned from
inside asterisk.

Any help would be appreciated.

Frank