[asterisk-users] Asterisk -> Tekelec T6000 (Vocaldata, voiss)

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Thu Sep 28 12:19:59 MST 2006

Thanks,

  The Tekelec T7000 is a traditional TDM class 4/5 switch with VoIP
interface cards (PIC) formerly known as the Taqua OCX.  The Teklec
T6000 is  a VoIP softswitch (feature server) formerly known as the
VocalData VOISS.   I have both and I'm trying to get outbound calls
from a SIP phone registering with Asterisk through the T6000 to a
T7000 and out to the PSTN.  Calls are working, DTMF is not.  The
T7000 is acting as the voice gateway to my T6000 and requires
RFC2833.  So the Asterisk server has a sip.conf that sends outbound
calls to the T6000.  The T6000 is configured to send 800# outbound to
the T7000 which has connectivity to the local Access Tandem and SS7
for IXC termination.  The calls work fine, just can't navigate a
voice mail tree.

Tekelec doesn't officially support Asterisk, I have an open ticket
with them and I'm working on packet captures.  They may be able to
identify what is wrong with the config but they won't be able to
recommend fixes on the Asterisk side.

Anyone else have a T6000 working with Asterisk?

SIP signaling goes like this
[SIP Phone] --> [Asterisk] --> [PIX FIrewall] --> [Tekelec SBC] -->
[T6000] --> [T7000 PIC]

Bearer traffic RTP goes like this

[SIP Phone] --> [PIX Firewall] --> [Tekelec SBC] --> [T7000 PIC]

 From my understanding RFC2833 means the DTMF is encoded in the RTP
stream so it is originating from the SIP phone,  Maybe the SIP phone
is broken..  hrmm..

-Matt