RE: [asterisk-users] Re: ASTTAPI

Guido Hecken guido.hecken at gwsnettech.de
Thu Sep 28 01:19:09 MST 2006

asterisk-users at ics-il.net
> says...
> > Has anyone actually gotten ASTTAPI to work?  I can't seem to get it to
work, yet I
> have other TAPI setups (SNAP and xtelsio) working fine.  I have noticed
that SNAP
> and Xtelsio act differently.  Etelescript is the application that will be
calling TAPI.

> Hi Mike!
>
> I have been using ASTTAPI, but it takes time to configure it and I'm not
sure it's
> developing any more. Now I'm using SNAP for several days but it seams that
it has
> some bugs. I'm using Snap's forum to check with developer about this, but
it's going
> slowly. I don't think that Snap is for business production yet.
>
> If developer doesn't solve those problems with Snap, I'll try Etelescript.
Is Etelescript
> free? Is it open source?

After spending many many hours on asttapi and other tapisolutions, we found
Tapi for Asterisk here:
http://www.phonesuite.de/de/produkte/ast_tsp/phonesuite_tapi_for_asterisk.ht
It works like a charm and the licensefee with 25.-€/10 Clients is really
fair.
We couldn't find any bugs in the software and in combination with tapicall
www.tapicall.de it's our preferred link-up to Outlook/Exchange in all of our
asterisk installations.
Since it's language is in german, you might have a closer look on some
german dictionaries, but after configuration is done (5 minutes) you can
forget about ever installed it.
;-)

Hope, these informations saved you some time, money and nerves

Guido