[asterisk-users] How to detect dial tone on ZAP channel before dialling using TDM2400P

Naija Man voip4naija at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 15:24:44 MST 2006

Hello all

I have an asterisk box running Asterisk 1.2.8 and I installed a digium
TDM2400 with 8 FXO ports. When I amke a call to the PSTN, the zap channel
answers, and teh call goes through if a PSTN is connected to the answered
port. However, if there is no dial tone in the answered channel, or if no
POTS line is connected, the user gets no indication until the call time
outs. I want * to be able to detect if there is a dialtone on the channel,
before it dials, if not, to send a busy signal or choose another available
channel.

Thanks.