[asterisk-users] I doubt it...

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 22:20:02 MST 2006

I didn't see it as making fun of anyone.  I, for one, was curious about it.
I suspected it was some type of translation issue, whether it was a word in
another language that doesn't translate or what.  I know there are many
concepts in English and in other languages that just doesn't translate
correctly.

I can't imagine how any software could translate all the different English
dialects, so I'm sure translators have problems from other languages.

On 9/26/06, Benjamin Jacob <benjamin.jacob at masconit.com> wrote:

> Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 05:33:15PM -0500, DiegoF wrote:
> >

> >>   hola a todos, tengo una duda, ye he resuelto algunas pero otras
> llegan,
> >>   /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
> >>   hello to all, I have a doubt, ye I have solved some but others
> arrive, good
> >>

> >*Oh*.
> >
> >*That's* where all these non-native English speakers are coming up with
> >"doubt".  Someone's translator doesn't have an idiom for "I have an
> >inquiry".
> >
> >Eeediots.
> >

> Easy.. Easy Jay!! easy duz it!
> You can't *expect* all to be native English speakers over here, or
> anywhere, for that matter. And am sure, he won't have a translator or a
> dictionary next to him, whenever he posts on this list.
>
> As long as ppl are harmless, are talking asterisk, are making sense,
> arn't cussing you out, its A-OK!!
> n besides, there isn't a Correct-English-talkers-only clause over here,
> I guess. Imagine a spanish-only (was that guy spanish??or mexican?
> baah.. all sound same) world and you would be sending "doubts" across as
> well, with a Spanish Jay calling you an eeedioto!!
>
> live n let live.  or over here, lets make it as "Asterisk and let
> Asterisk".
> now that i've flung my two cents,  lets start a flame ;-)
>
> cheerz
>
> - Ben.

Lacy Moore
I'm the guy that doesn't give a damn about anyone's problems but my own...