[asterisk-users] PRI Outbound CallerID Question

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Sep 26 13:13:58 MST 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 12:49:34PM -0500, Lacy Moore - Aspendora wrote:
>    Yes, it is possible.  But, your Telco has to support this.  Your Telco has
>    to give you the ability to set your caller ID.  Some providers (and it
>    sounds like yours may be one of them) only allow you to use numbers which
>    you are authorized to use (such as your DIDs).

Specifically, carriers who permit you to connect using a technology
which allows you to send originating CNID (which is basically limited
to ISDN at the moment, I believe) *are supposed to* filter the CNID you
present before passing it along (I believe this to be in Part 68, but
can't cite it), but not all of them do.

In the past, 5ESS's automatically filtered, and DMS-100's automatically
didn't, though either could -- I think -- be datafilled on a trunkgroup
basis to work the other way.

In the OP's situation, if his carrier doesn't already forward the CNID
he supplies them, then he'll likely have to sign something with the to
get authorization to do it.  Or, like someone said, pretext it.

Oh, my; that's a bad word this year.  :-)

And it's not real rugged either.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_