[asterisk-users] Re: Set hint status from dialplan?

Hall, Eric M. ehall at amaxx.com
Tue Sep 26 11:53:41 MST 2006

Here is an output from a 1.4.0-Beta2

voipgw*CLI> show channeltypes
Type        Description                              Devicestate
Indications  Transfer
----------  -----------                              -----------
-----------  --------
Agent       Call Agent Proxy Channel                 yes          yes
no
Console     OSS Console Channel Driver               no           yes
no
Zap         Zapata Telephony Driver w/PRI            no           yes
no
Skinny      Skinny Client Control Protocol (Skinny)  no           yes
no
Phone       Standard Linux Telephony API Driver      no           yes
no
Feature     Feature Proxy Channel Driver             no           yes
no
SIP         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)        yes          yes
yes
Local       Local Proxy Channel Driver               yes          yes
no
IAX2        Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver (Ver 2)   yes          yes
yes
MGCP        Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)    yes          yes
no
----------
10 channel drivers registered.
voipgw*CLI> show version
Asterisk 1.4.0-beta2 built by root @ voipgw on a i686 running Linux on
2006-09-25 00:49:44 UTC
voipgw*CLI>

-----------
--------
Zap         Zapata Telephony Driver w/PRI            no           yes

no
SIP         Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)        yes          yes

yes
Local       Local Proxy Channel Driver               yes          yes

no
IAX2        Inter Asterisk eXchange Driver (Ver 2)   yes          yes

yes
Feature     Feature Proxy Channel Driver             no           yes

no
Agent       Call Agent Proxy Channel                 yes          yes

no
----------
6 channel drivers registered.

*CLI> show version
Asterisk SVN-trunk-r41990 built by root @ asterisk on a i686 running
Linux on
2006-09-12 03:02:05 UTC

Curious... I see Local/ has a devicestate, and I've never heard of a
"Feature/" channel type before...  :-)

So I imagine I could use Local/701 at parkedcalls to see parking slot
state, but nothing for arbitrary channels such as what Lacy is showing.
Is that correct?

-A.