[asterisk-users] Set hint status from dialplan?

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Tue Sep 26 06:20:49 MST 2006

Is it possible to manually set the hint status of a virtual extension via the dialplan?

I have an extension that turns my night mode on and off.

I would love to be able to manually set the hint to be able to turn on a light for night mode.

This is not a real (channel) extension, so there should be no harm to setting this manually.

If this could be done, I could see a lot of opportunities to set lights for info that is not channel related.

Also, could it be possible to read the hint status from the dialplan to make a button have different functionality based on a
channels status?

Please advise.

Steven