[asterisk-users] TDM2400P vs Sangoma A200

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Mon Sep 25 18:27:12 MST 2006

Anthony Cennami wrote:
> What's wrong with a channel bank?  Can be a much cleaner solution with
> greater room for expansion in the future.
>
> Not to mention cheaper.

I never really considered one. I've never used one for that matter. This
system is really only a testbed. If it works out, then in 6 months to a
year we'll put asterisk in main site and all the phones in this location
will slave off that system.

But, I went to atacomm.com and tried to spec out a channel bank solution:

Rhino Chasis: $750
2 4port FXO cards: $599
TE110P: $499
Echo canceler: ????
Total: $1848

A TDP2400 8 FXO with echo can module: $1093

Mine didn't come out cheaper, what kind of equipment do you recommend?

Thanks for the suggestions.

-Dave

> On 9/25/06, Dave Fullerton <dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com> wrote:
>>

>> Greetings List,
>>
>> I'm putting together a plan for a new Asterisk system and I'm trying to
>> decided on an interface card to use. I was originally planning on using
>> a Sangoma A200 but now I'm considering a Digium TDM2400P. The server is
>> large enough to accommodate the full sized TDM and I'll be using 8 FXO
>> channels so molex power connectors aren't an issue. The connector will
>> be slightly more to deal with but not a biggie. Either card I get will
>> have the on-board echo canceler. For the extra $150 for the TDM, not
>> having to mess with two sets of drivers is pretty appealing. Anyone have
>> experience with both cards to give advice one way or the other?
>>
>> (And in case anyone suggests I just go with a PRI, I can't. I'm stuck
>> with POTS lines for now).
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> -Dave

DO NOT SEND WITH THIS ACCOUNT