[asterisk-users] Running Multiple Instances of Asterisk

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Sep 25 12:02:48 MST 2006

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 12:28:30PM -0600, Douglas Garstang wrote:
> How easy do you think the management of the configuration files is
> going to be if your trying to host several dozen companies on the one
> Asterisk instance? Sure, you can split things into contexts, but just
> try and imagine how complex the management is going to become when
> several companies comprise the same file space.

Assuming that all Asterisk config files support "#include", and I
believe they do, then it shouldn't be all *that* hard.  Now, if you are
trying to give each company direct control of their own configs, then
yes, avoiding interactions will be harder.

Cheers,
-- jra

	"That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
	  they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_