[asterisk-users] Running Multiple Instances of Asterisk

Brian Rogan brogan at syderial.com
Mon Sep 25 11:39:48 MST 2006

Doug,

Why do you want to do this to begin with?  I think the best solution is
to use the realtime stuff, and build your own management tools, which
would allow you to do this (you could drastically cut the complexity
with the right tools).  Even if you could run them together, how
would you put everything on the appropriate ports?  How would you deal
with multiple instances accessing hardware?

I'm not convinced that maintaining the config files, binaries and other
components of multiple asterisk's is easier than just building better
tools to configure one.

You could also try User-Mode-Linux or something like that.

--Brian