[asterisk-users] OT: Opinions on Aastra 480i CT?

Ira ira at extrasensory.com
Mon Sep 25 09:51:18 MST 2006

At 07:25 AM 9/25/2006, you wrote:
>Anybody using these? How's the cordless? Does it play nice with * ?

I have 3 of them here, we're very happy with them. The cordless is
fine, about the range of my old Panasonic cordless. Sound quality is
good and the speaker phone seems good. Plays fine with Asterisk. Even
though it says many handsets per base, in reality you should probably
limit it to 1 per base as the system can only handle 2 active voice
streams at a time and annoyingly enough, only one of them can be
G.729, something about the phone does not have enough processor power
to encode 2 G.729 streams at a time.  Easy to configure from a TFTP server.

Ira