[asterisk-users] progress problems from SIP to PRI

Mon Sep 25 06:14:59 MST 2006

Hi!

I have problems when bridging from SIP to PRI. As soon as the setup
message is sent, Asterisk replies with 183 to the sender.

Although there is nor PROGRESS message received, the 183 is sent as the
SIP channel received a voice frame and thus activates early media.

I wonder why Asterisk reads from the PRI although there was no PROGRESS
message received yet.

I want to get rid of this 183 - it should be sent only when a PROGRESS
is received on the PRI.

Can this be configured somehow?

thanks
klaus