[hylafax-users] [asterisk-users] asterisk, iaxmodem, hylafax quality problem

Artifex Maximus artifexor at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 06:30:47 MST 2006

Hello,

# cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0: 2087872259    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  7:          0    IO-APIC-edge  parport0
  8:          1    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
  9:          1   IO-APIC-level  acpi
 14:   18440124    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
 15:    4456445    IO-APIC-edge  libata
169:    4878102   IO-APIC-level  eth0
177: 2086847525   IO-APIC-level  wctdm24xxp
185: 2086810653   IO-APIC-level  wct4xxp
NMI:          0
LOC: 2087921792
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

zttest is often on 99.975586% with final result:
--- Results after 67 passes ---
Best: 99.987793 -- Worst: 99.951172 -- Average: 99.973764

Where should I find good web pages for tuning? I had found this and using now:
setpci -v -s 04:06.0 latency_timer=ff
setpci -v -s 04:08.0 latency_timer=ff

As I remember it's give higher priority for Digium cards. The machine
is an IBM eServer x206 with P4 2.66 GHz processor.

bye,
Zsolt