[asterisk-users] Trixbox Documentation

J. Duffy Beischel duffy at beischel.net
Sat Sep 23 14:38:04 MST 2006

Jay and All,

I think peoples' impressions are based on their experience level.  I am
brand spankin' new at this so I found it very useful and very easy to
set-up.  Now there were a few issues.  Audio was one and the other was
not knowing how to specify a fixed IP address in VMWare Player/Linux as
the Linksys Router will not assign a fixed IP based on the MAC address.
I found an answer to the audio issue on a forum (can't remember if it
was the Trixbox forum) and at the Trixbox forum, someone explained how
to set a fixed IP within Linux within VMWare Player.

If two days I have set Trixbox up on two different servers.  Today was
one instance.  I have two softphones connected and use the autoattendent
function and it works well on both extensions.  Unlike their suggestion
at nerdvittles.com, I used Telasip for both in-bound and outbound.  It
is working very well and it is also allowing me to experiment and learn.

It works, and I like it. Will I "outgrow" it and no longer like it in
the future? Who knows, but right now it is easy to learn, runs on my
Windows server and runs very well.  Asterisk and the Trixbox are really
incredible and powerful programs.

Hope that helps.

Duffy

--
"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!" -- Winston Churchill