[asterisk-users] sound file length

Race Vanderdecken asteriskusers at codetyrant.com
Fri Sep 22 17:23:18 MST 2006

Good Thinking, the code is only about 5 lines.

As to the WAVE RIFF file being funny. Well, you have to know a little
about the car you are working on to know if you need metric or Standard
wrenches and which dealership to get parts from.

But the basic idea works. Some many bytes per second means a file of x
bytes of y format is z seconds long.

Geez, how accurate does the length have to be? 1.98 is to short but
1.985 is long enough.

Asterisk only records in a few formats, GSM, WAVE and something else at
times.

If you need help, drop me a line and I will help you discover how many
bytes makes up 1 second or x seconds...

Later.

Race Vanderdecken
Code Tyrant