[asterisk-users] Audiocodes 124, Mediatrix 1124, or Citel field reports?

Morten Isaksen misak at misak.dk
Fri Sep 22 14:46:53 MST 2006

I only know of the Audiocodes MP124 and I can recommend this. They are very
stable and have some excellent management options. We have 200+ of these in
service so the management is a big issue for us.

The downsides. The box itself feels a bit too much plastic like and I would
prefer if the put RJ11 connectors direct on the MP124 as they have on the
MP112, MP114 and MP118.

On 9/20/06, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

> I'm nuts.
>
> I admit it.
>
> I'm being asked to look into building a hospitality PBX over Asterisk,
> and I didn't run screaming into the night.  :-)
>
> It's tasked to replace a NEAX that's old enough to drink, with 30-50
> keysets and ~390 2500's with MW lamps.
>
> I envision a pair of servers, coupled in high-availability mode
> somehow, and a rack full of the above captioned high-density media
> gateways.  Whether Asterisk *can* run paired servers in failover mode,
> I haven't figured out yet.
>
> Has anyone any relevant field experience with those gateway boxes (or
> anything else) that they'd care to share (pointers to)?
>
> Cheers,
> -- jra
> --
> Jay R. Ashworth
> jra at baylink.com
> Designer                          Baylink                             RFC
> 2100
> Ashworth & Associates        The Things I Think                        '87
> e24
> St Petersburg FL USA      http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647
> 1274
>
>        "That's women for you; you divorce them, and 10 years later,
>          they stop having sex with you."  -- Jennifer Crusie; _Fast_Women_

Morten Isaksen
http://www.misak.dk/blog/