[asterisk-users] I need to record 30 conversations and have other 30 with music on hold, all at the same time, can a PIV handle it?

Hans Witvliet hwit at a-domani.nl
Fri Sep 22 12:37:02 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-09-13 at 16:50 +0200, Raphaël Jacquot wrote:
> MF wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a 2 E1 system with 32 zap FXS extensions (all Zaptel,  with
> > TDM2400),  on a PIV,  3GHz, 1GB,
> > Well my question is wether I'll be able to use it for peak demand moment,
> > that is having all 60 channels busy 30 talking to agents on the FXS,
> > while recording their conversation at the same time,  and the other 30
> > with music on hold while wait.  This is all based on the Queue
> > application of *.
> >
> > Does any one thinks this system WONT be able to handle it?     Am I
> > crazy of even trying it?
>
> the intel processors at great at number crunching, but suck ass at I/O
>
> I'd get an amd64 box instead

H'm,

I Thought it was just the other way around:
Intel, with their MM-extensions better at multi-media, and AMD better at
crunching.
At least, when comparing at the sime price, or the same power
consumption...

Hans
--
pgp-id: 926EBB12
pgp-fingerprint: BE97 1CBF FAC4 236C 4A73  F76E EDFC D032 926E BB12