[asterisk-users] channel.c: Nobody there, continuing...

Chris Miller asterisk at scratchspace.com
Fri Sep 22 10:46:48 MST 2006

I'm seeing this error more and more in the "full" log. When the error
occurs it prints to the log 20+ times per second. At first I thought it
was specific to one PBX that performs a fair amount of call recording,
but after disabling call recording in all the call queues, the error
remains. This system appears to get hung as a result, requiring periodic
(daily as of late) reboots. I've since noticed this behavior on another
less loaded system. The system versions are 1.2.11 and 1.2.9.1
respectively, and both are running Trixbox. Other systems running older
versions of Asterisk, some with AMP/FreePBX aren't exhibiting this
problem. At this point I'm not sure if this is specific to Trixbox, or a
problem with later versions of Asterisk. Google turns up very little
regarding this error, and the few bugs listed at bugs.digium.com appear
to be unrelated. Anyone seen this issue and know what is causing it?

Chris