[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2 & snom 360 MWI

phil.dawson at marnock.com phil.dawson at marnock.com
Fri Sep 22 07:09:05 MST 2006

Just upgraded my * box to 1.2 and don't seem to be able to get MWI working.
Worked with my previous installation.  My conf files are the same ( except
for a few 1.2 changes ).  I've tried:

In sip.conf

fromuser=Anyname
fromdomain=<my * ip>
vmexten=7000

in extensions.conf

exten => default,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID})
exten => asterisk,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID})
exten => unknown,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID})
exten => Unknown,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID})
exten => _7000,1,VoicemailMain(${CALLERID})

( I've probably added and removed a million other things but its all
becoming a blur now :-)  )

Also, when I press the message key to get my voicemail my phone just calls
it's extension so in effect I call myself.  In the past on polycom phones I
had to create a macro that checked to see if the number being called was
the same as the calling extension.  Do I have to do this for snoms aswell?
I haven't read anything to that fact and believe me, I've read lots.  Still
no luck :-(

Any ideas?

Phil.