[asterisk-users] RE: Setting QOS settings in asterisk and/or CentOS?

Greg Kennedy gregkennedy at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:37:02 MST 2006

I use the following in rc.local for setting tos bits using iptables:iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -p udp -m udp --sport 10000:20000 -j DSCP --set-dscp 0x2eWorks like a champ!>    1. RE: Setting QOS settings in asterisk and/or CentOS?>       (Redouane Doumer)> De : BerkHolz, Steven [mailto:StevenBerkHolz at TESCOGroup.com] > Envoyé : jeudi 21 septembre 2006 15:33> À : asterisk-users at lists.digium.com> Objet : [asterisk-users] Setting QOS settings in asterisk and/or CentOS?> > > How would I go about setting the TOS bit to "RTP IP TOS Byte:  18 (hex)" for SIP and IAX traffic at the asterisk server?>  > Also, > Do you have a quick reference on how to configure a Cisco switch to prioritize SIP traffic?> I check in various Cisco docs, and there are so many references, and none of them seem to relate directly to using the TOS bit for QOS.>  > I am looking into using the TOS bit because that is the only method that my SIP devices use. (Citel Handset Gateway)>  > ref:> QOS settings from Citel Handset Gateway:> Handset Gateway - QoS Configuration> > IP Type of Service > RTP IP TOS Byte:  18 (hex) > > Silence Suppression > Mute Mode: On, UDP keep-alive every 10 seconds> G.711 Voice Activity Detection: Off> > Codec Preferences > G.711u: 1 (Highest priority) > G.711a: 2>  >  > > Thank You,> > Steven BerkHolz> - MCSA - MCSE -> Manager of Information Systems> TESCO Group Companies> Fax. 248-836-5101> www.TESCOGroup.com