[asterisk-users] Setting QOS settings in asterisk and/or CentOS?

BerkHolz, Steven StevenBerkHolz at TESCOGroup.com
Thu Sep 21 06:33:14 MST 2006

How would I go about setting the TOS bit to "RTP IP TOS Byte:  18 (hex)"
for SIP and IAX traffic at the asterisk server?

Also,
Do you have a quick reference on how to configure a Cisco switch to
prioritize SIP traffic?
I check in various Cisco docs, and there are so many references, and
none of them seem to relate directly to using the TOS bit for QOS.

I am looking into using the TOS bit because that is the only method that
my SIP devices use. (Citel Handset Gateway)

ref:
QOS settings from Citel Handset Gateway:
Handset Gateway - QoS Configuration

IP Type of Service
RTP IP TOS Byte:  18 (hex)

Silence Suppression
Mute Mode: On, UDP keep-alive every 10 seconds
G.711 Voice Activity Detection: Off

Codec Preferences
G.711u: 1 (Highest priority)
G.711a: 2