[Asterisk-users] Calls between IAX2 Clients don't work correctly

Llorenç Suau urano1981 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 06:04:58 MST 2006

Hello,

I have troubles with calls with IAX2 phones, either sofphones and
hardphones. When I make a call between an IAX phone and a normal phone(RTB)
the person connected on the RTB phone can hear the caller from the IAX2
phone, but the caller from the IAX phone can't hear what tells the person on
the normal phone.

If a call is done between two IAX phones, for example one hardphone and a
sofphone, nobody hears anything.

But the strange is that the calls between servers and with IAX2 works, it
is, that if I call from a normal phone connected to the RDSI PBX, that this
one is redirectioned to the asterisk PBX and tge call is sended over the
IAX2 provider contracted to any location, it works perfectly.

In conclusion, the IAX2 works correctly between servers, but between
clients, the sound isn't sent correctly.

We've tested it with different softphones and a hardphone, and noone has
worked correctly, having the problems mentioned above.

Regards,