[asterisk-users] Using Asterisk with IVR connected with legacy pbx via rs-232

Paulo Garcia paulo.astuser at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 05:13:14 MST 2006

Hi,

I have some cases that I need to use Asterisk as an IVR/VoiceMail only. It
will be connected to legacy pbx using a serial port (R2-232) to exchange
integrations and/or messages to allow pbx to send to terminal extensions
'message indications' (a led on in KS).

I know Asterisk can do it alone and better, but in some cases isn't possible
to change the pbx structure and this protocol via rs-232 is widely used for
some big pbx systems.

Any direction? Is there already a solution for this? Or I need to do a
custom development?

Thanks in advance!

Paulo