[asterisk-users] Configuring Codecs

Alyed Tzompa alyed.tzompa at simitel.com
Wed Sep 20 18:43:34 MST 2006

		We can help guy, but pls send detailed info regarding a specific problem. The more info you provide, the best we can help.

As for g729 codec instructions look at
http://www.digium.com/en/supportcenter/documentation/viewdocs/G729
there you'll find detailed and updated information about it.

Alyed

   Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:27:45 -0700

Good Day,

am new to Asterisk and I need help in configuring codecs in Asterisk. I
also will need to buy the license for G 729 codec and need to put that
key in Asterisk. Can someone please provide the step by step
instructions for the codec configurations?

Also I am having
problems forwarding calls to landline or cellular numbers. As soon as
the preson on the forwarded end picks up the call drops - what can
cause this and what is the solution?

Thanks

Wyatt