[asterisk-users] University dumps CISCO VoIP for Asterisk

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Wed Sep 20 18:40:39 MST 2006

Thanks for the plug Aaron. :)

We stuck OpenSER in between the phones and Asterisk, and pointed our phones towards the OpenSER boxes for SIP registrations and subscriptions. When OpenSER received a REGISTER or SUBSCRIBE message, it would use the send() command to forward the messages onto each Asterisk server. By doing that, ALL of our Asterisk servers had a copy of all sip registrations and subscriptions. It seemed to work pretty well, but for unrelated reasons, we dropped that approach.

Doug.