[asterisk-users] PRI Backup

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 13:00:56 MST 2006

Asterisk Users,

I am looking to see if anyone has a dial plan setup to use a secondary
PRI.  We have two campuses, each with it's own PRI (for telco going to
a single span digium card) and a 10MB fiber link between the two for
data.  All calls are transfered between the two campuses via the 10MB
data line and outgoing calls are made on the campus'es PRI.  I am
loking to see if there is a way to tell the server if one PRI is full
(all 23 channels are in use) or not available to try routing the call
through the other campus and it's PRI.  Anyone doing this already?  I
am not sure how to have asterisk check to see if a PRI is down for
making the call.  I guess I could just add the call route to the other
campus just below the my default call route.  So if the primary call
route fails, it will just go to the next line being the other campus.

WDYT?

Thanks