[asterisk-users] Re: Can you explain why multiple registration isan important (missing) feature ?

Craig Guy cguy at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 20 08:21:35 MST 2006

I'm interested, too in how to accomplish this.  I have tried earlier today
with a Snom360 to register it using its mac address as the authentication
username.  I can't seem to get it to work (hopefully I'm just doing
something wrong).

My sip.conf (asterisk 1.2.12) looks something like:

[9580]
type=peer
auth=000413242fff:secret at asterisk

With this the handset registers itself with asterisk, however I don't think
it is working as I can change the username and password without affecting
the registration on the handset.  If I try and set secret=secret, or
md5secret= then asterisk refuses to register the handset with a
'Registration from ... failed for ... - Username/auth name mismatch'  How
can I specify the authentication username in sip.conf?

Craig