[asterisk-users] Tracking the source of a disconnect? - SOLVED

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Wed Sep 20 08:09:09 MST 2006

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:

> The comments in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf didn't tip you off?
>
> ;
> ; On trunk interfaces (FXS) it can be useful to attempt to follow the
> progress
> ; of a call through RINGING, BUSY, and ANSWERING.   If turned on, call
> ; progress attempts to determine answer, busy, and ringing on phone lines.
> ; This feature is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and can easily detect false answers,
> ; so don't count on it being very accurate.

Based on the comments, I mistakenly thought the setting would be ignored
on non-FXS devices.  Specifically since the PRI already had the
signaling out of band for all of this.

I thought knowing for sure that this fixed the issue I reported might be
useful to others.  So, I reported back that it had in fact corrected it.
  I apologize if my error has offended your sensibilities in some way.

--
Jamin W. Collins