[asterisk-users] Tracking the source of a disconnect? - SOLVED

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Wed Sep 20 07:40:37 MST 2006

Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> Doug Lytle wrote:
>> Jamin W. Collins wrote:
>> >
>> > callprogress = yes
>>
>> The only thing I'm iffy about is the above entry.
>>
>> Maybe it's mistaking the progress as disconnect?
>
> That does appear to have been the issue.  We haven't had a new
> occurrence of the random disconnects since disabling callprogress.

The comments in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf didn't tip you off?

;
; On trunk interfaces (FXS) it can be useful to attempt to follow the
progress
; of a call through RINGING, BUSY, and ANSWERING.   If turned on, call
; progress attempts to determine answer, busy, and ringing on phone lines.
; This feature is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and can easily detect false answers,
; so don't count on it being very accurate.
;
; Few zones are supported at the time of this writing, but may be selected
; with "progzone"
;
; This feature can also easily detect false hangups. The symptoms of this is
; being disconnected in the middle of a call for no reason.
;
;callprogress=yes