[asterisk-users] Forwarding the Ring Group and Calls coming in to Queues

Zeeshan Zakaria zishanov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 05:34:22 MST 2006

My client needs an option to forward the incoming calls to the ring group
and to the queues to his other number when he closes his office. By default,
at 9 PM the incoming calls are forwarded automatically. But he wants
something so that if he closes earlier, he can forward the incoming calls
manually, or if nobody answers any of the ring group phones in regular
hours, after 60 sec instead of activating voicemail, call should be
forwarded to his other office number.

First, he has option 0 which activated the ring group of 4 extensions. How
can I do so that he can manually forward this ring group to his other office
number, so that when caller presses 0, call doesn't go to the ring group and
is forwarded instead.

Second, on pressing other options, like 2, or 3, queues are activated. How
can I do that he can manually forward these incoming calls to the other
number.

All this I can do for individual extensions, but don't know how to do it for
the ring group or for the queues. Please guide me on how to do this.

--
Zeeshan A Zakaria