[asterisk-users] enumlookup - deprecated working - but appreciated one duznt :-(

Benjamin Jacob benjamin.jacob at masconit.com
Wed Sep 20 05:16:10 MST 2006

Hello ppl,

I had appdata set to use the function ENUMLOOKUP. But it gets me nothing.
| id    |   context |     exten   |  priority |     app               |
    appdata

48     |   pbx1    |     _011.   |     1        |     Set
|     enumresult=${ENUMLOOKUP(+13015611020,sip,c,enum.info)}
| 49   |   pbx1    |     _011.   |     2        |     SayDigits     |
    ${enumresult}

But, using the application, EnumLookup, I do get back the results.
| 48   |   pbx1    |     _011.   |     1        | EnumLookup  |
+13015611020
| 49   |   pbx1    |     _011.   |     2        |     Dial
|     ${ENUM}

Another interesting observation, in my enum.conf, I've set only search
=> enum.info .
In the tcpdump, I see EnumLookup, the deprecated one looking for the
correct "enum.info", but, with the function ENUMLOOKUP, I see enum.arpa
being pinged!!???

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

My enum.info pasted :
=======================================
;
; ENUM Configuration for resolving phone numbers over DNS
;
; Sample config for Asterisk
; This file is reloaded at "reload enum" in the CLI
;
[general]
;
; The search list for domains may be customized.  Domains are searched
; in the order they are listed here.
;
;search => e164.arpa
;
; If you'd like to use the E.164.org public ENUM registery in addition
; to the official e164.arpa one, uncomment the following line
;
;search => e164.org
search => e164.info
;
; As there are more H323 drivers available you have to select to which
; drive a H323 URI will map. Default is "H323".
;
h323driver => H323

I got the enum.info info, from the site, http://nona.net/features/enum/ .

cheerz