[asterisk-users] mpg123

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Sep 20 02:41:05 MST 2006

On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 06:53:01PM +0200, Giordano Grandis wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm using * 1.0.9 which use mpg123 for music on hold. But sometimes
> starts eating up a lot of CPU.
> I sthere any alternative method to use moh without use mpg123?
> I tryied this http://astrecipes.net/?n=152 but i doesn't wotks for me.

Those instructions are for Asterisk 1.2 .

In 1.0.x the MoH player will look for *.mp3 files. Xorcom Rapid has a
makefile that convers mp3 files to wav files with the extension .wav.mp3 .
Quite similar o the examples in the abover case, only a different output
file name.

Then you need to follow the sample musiconhold.conf file and define a
"custom" method with a script that will play those wav files to the
standard output.

If the out format was signed linear rather than wav, you could basically
use cat .

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406          jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org