[asterisk-users] codecs/voicemail/DTMF

Mr. Jones worldsense at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 10:10:16 MST 2006

Hi Folks,

We're trying to roll Asterisk out to production and are having a few
complications.

Most specifically we have G711 for our inbound origination, but would
prefer G729 for outbound termination, so far so good - it appears that
dtmfmode=auto works in both cases.

The area I'm having trouble with is, in order to have g729 on the
outbound I have:

disallow=all
allow=g729
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

In sip.conf at the [general] level.

When we call voicemail, or the auto attendant internally touchtones
don't work and we get:

WARNING[8393]: dsp.c:1422 ast_dsp_process: Inband DTMF is not
supported on codec g729. Use RFC2833

I'm just guessing, but I thought "auto" was supposed to negotiate the
DTMF mode. Since it appears that the voicemail can't handle RFC2833,
is there some way to force the codec to resort to G711?

Thanks!

Brian