[asterisk-users] Xorcom Astribank

Nick Burch nick at torchbox.com
Mon Sep 18 04:08:20 MST 2006

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Does some one of you have practical experience with the Astribank
> channel bank (I've tried to contact xorcom directly but didn't received
> any answer)? We plan to use an Asteribank-16 channel bank to connect
> analog fax devices to Asterisk (to get rid of buggy Fax over G.711 with
> SIP terminal adapters)

We have two Astribank-8 units. We couldn't get our fax machine to work
with it (it didn't like the echo), and the echo on analogue calls can be a
bit bad at times (especially far end echo).

Xorcom are supposed to be working on the echo issue, but the last drivers
they supplied us didn't fix it completely, and we haven't heard from them
in months about versions with better echo cancel.

If you can get one on a trial, I'd say give it a whirl and see if the echo
problems affect your calls or not. You might get lucky, otherwise you
might have more luck getting working echo cancel drivers out of Xorcom...

Nick