[asterisk-users] Xorcom Astribank

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Sep 18 02:47:01 MST 2006

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 09:15:11AM +0200, Klaus Darilion wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Does some one of you have practical experience with the Astribank
> channel bank

I'm well familiar with it, sure. ;-)

> (I've tried to contact xorcom directly but didn't received
> any answer)?

It seems that indeed we have not recieved your mail. Anyway, you're
always more than welcome to contact info at xorcom.com .

> We plan to use an Asteribank-16 channel bank to connect
> analog fax devices to Asterisk (to get rid of buggy Fax over G.711 with
> SIP terminal adapters)
>
> Does Astribank support fax devices (as fax is sensitive against jitter,
> delay, synch ...)?

Yes.

> Are there special configuration issues when dealing with fax devices?

First off, be sure to disable echo cancelling. (echocancel=no for the
channel of the fax in zapata.conf).

That depends on where the fax is coming from (or going to).

If it is coming from an FXO extension on a Astribank FXS/FXO device, you
have no problems.

If it's from a different zaptel device: there may be some sync problems.
For a normal call those may be clicks. For a fax those will basically
terminate the fax. I'm working on a patch to Zaptel and to our driver to
solve this.

If it is from a SIP/IAX peer, then basically see
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/FoIP and the many messages on this
list about this subject.

Tzafrir Cohen         sip:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com
icq#16849755          iax:tzafrir at local.xorcom.com