[asterisk-users] Re: PRI: sometimes Asterisk drop calls

Giorgio Incantalupo gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com
Mon Sep 18 01:23:32 MST 2006

Hi,
you are right. We have an outbound calls problem too. We tried not to
use groups but to ask Asterisk for an available channel using
"chanisavail" command. Asterisk gives us back the channel but when we
try to call using that channel Asterisk says the channel is not
available....and nobody is using it
Seems strange nobody noticed it before.

This risks to be a dangerous problem because this means Asterisk does
not know which channels are really available and which are not. In other
words if nobody explains why Asterisk behaves that way, it surely be
possible to consider this as a bug.

Is there anybody trying to use chanisavail with success??

TIA

Giorgio Incantalupo