[asterisk-users] Re: PRI: sometimes Asterisk drop calls

Tomislav Parčina tparcina at lama.hr
Fri Sep 15 00:53:01 MST 2006

In article <450A5478.6010809 at fgasoftware.com>, gincantalupo at fgasoftware.com says...
> Hi,
> I do not use queues but I have a lot of messages like that. I talked a
> lot with Steve about this....
> It seems like Asterisk cannot agree with telco about which channels are
> busy and which are not. Maybe a bug? I do not know...it seems too
> strange Asterisk has a sooooo big problem. There must be something we do
> not know....By the way, the solution seems to be using the higher
> channels of the span, in other words to make calls using G instead of g
> inside Dial command (thans to Steve and others!!)

I don't think that could be the problem. Because Asterisk has already established connection with provider on certain channel. So why would they negotiate another channel? When I transfer phone call to another extension, incoming channel doesn't change.

I think something else is the problem, but I do encourage to use G in dialplan's Dial command.

--
Tomislav Parčina
Lama Computers Split
SIP: tomo at pbx.lama.hr