[asterisk-users] "Ping" a phone

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Sat Sep 16 04:44:00 MST 2006

Currently, I send a popup to an agent asking them to accept the call or
not. However, they are complaining that they do not *see* the popup
(it's onscreen for 7 seconds) and I was wanting (have been asked to
provide) a facility where I can "ping" an agents phone before sending
the popup.

This would make them aware that there is a call about to come in.

The best I could come up with so far is a Dial(SIP/Exten,1,g). This
seems to work, but I was wondering if there was another more elegant
mechanism. We currently use Cisco 7960 phones.

Julian.