[asterisk-users] Voicemail adjustments

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 12:22:07 MST 2006

On 9/15/06, Ricardo Carvalho <rcarvalho at iric.up.pt> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Some questions about Asterisk Voicemail adjustments I want to make:
>
> - how can I limit the number of voicemail messages stored per user in
> their voicemail folder?
> (to expire voicemail after a specified number of days I know that there
> is in /contrib/scripts one script to do that)

It seems you answered your own questions. The voicemail is stored in
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail by default. It should be trivial to
write a script that will delete old messages by number, date, capacity
or length. Even better, store the voicemail in mysql for even easier
manipulation.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+multi-language
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+sound+files+international

> - how can I substitute the "vm-intro", "auth-thankyou" and "vm-goodbye"
> recordings to recordings in other languages?

See the above links. In the future, try not to waste space on the
mailing list by asking questions that have already been answered.
voip-info.org is a really good resource.