[asterisk-users] Re: chan_zap.so stopped working after upgrading CentOS

Moises Silva moises.silva at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 07:17:22 MST 2006

> Why oh why do so many people do all this modprobe stuff manually or in
> rc.local etc.?????
>
> If you are running a RedHat / Fedora / CentOS distribution, just do
> "make config" in the zaptel directory, and it will create a proper
> startup script in init.d and set up the rc.d links for invocation at
> boot time. This proper script takes care of loading the modules AND
> waiting for udev to create the device nodes.

Because they are using slackware??? :)

Seriously, i dont think anyone having a server is doing this manually
(I hope so), but for the sake of simplicity at the time of explaining
what is the minimal thing you have to do to have it working, I think
is better explain the basics, otherwise people get custom to do stuff
that is not available in all distributions in the same way.

Regards
--
"Su nombre es GNU/Linux, no solamente Linux, mas info en http://www.gnu.org"