[asterisk-users] Re: chan_zap.so stopped working after upgrading CentOS

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Sep 14 00:21:12 MST 2006

In article <4508D287.9020608 at squiz.net>,
Avi Miller <avi.miller at squiz.net> wrote:
> Brent Franks wrote:
> > We ran into the same thing, and the only way I can get it to work
> > (which is goofy, but it does work) is modprobing the same device
> > multiple times.
>
> Try waiting after modprobe zaptel for udev to create the device nodes. I
> do this:
>
> modprobe zaptel
> wait 5
> modprobe wctdm
> ztcfg -vvv
>
> And it works fine for me on CentOS 4.3

Why oh why do so many people do all this modprobe stuff manually or in
rc.local etc.?????

If you are running a RedHat / Fedora / CentOS distribution, just do
"make config" in the zaptel directory, and it will create a proper
startup script in init.d and set up the rc.d links for invocation at
boot time. This proper script takes care of loading the modules AND
waiting for udev to create the device nodes.

You can also then do "service zaptel stop" and "service zaptel start"
to unload and reload the drivers if needed.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield