[asterisk-users] Polycom MyStat

James Andrewartha jamesa at daa.com.au
Thu Sep 14 02:11:13 MST 2006

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> Has anyone ever gotten the Polycom MyStat soft-key to do anything?
>
> Setting the status to something like 'Away', does not generate any outgoing SIP traffic from the phone. Calling into the phone either from a watched buddy, or other number, acts as if the status was never changed. A call to Polycom yielded no results.

As I understand it, Asterisk does not support the SIP features required for
this to work. Apparently (Open)SER does, but I've never used it myself. I
think support is planned for the next great chan_sip rewrite, which is due
with asterisk 1.6, but don't quote me.

--
James Andrewartha
Systems Administrator