[asterisk-users] Asterisk crashing when monitoring SIP device with Chanspy

mezzmor at aim.com mezzmor at aim.com
Wed Sep 13 12:02:41 MST 2006

Forgive me if this thread already exists -

Am running asterisk 1.2.6.1 - Every so often, asterisk crashes when doing a Chanspy on a SIP phone monitoring a sip phone.

Dialplan is set up as follows:

exten => 6274,1,ChanSpy(SIP/403274)

Intra-building we dial 3 digit extensions, monitor is obviously 6+3 digit extension

I don't think it's a utilization issue, it seems to happened when there were 80 phones on the network, and still happens with 160 phones. I can tell when it happens, a manager will call me and say they have 15 calls in queue but no calls are getting to the agents, then a minute later I get a call complaining about 1 way audio, then the asterisk daemon stops - I have to start asterisk.

There is nothing in the log file either - except the last entry being NOTICE - ChanSpy attaching to SIP/blahblah then no entries after.

I saw in bug tracker 3851 about people having crashing issues but that was over a year ago.

Anyone else having problems or enlighten me on a fix?

Thanks