[asterisk-users] rxfax, spandsp and lack of ecm

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 09:49:40 MST 2006

On 9/13/06, Steve Underwood <steveu at coppice.org> wrote:
> Artifex Maximus wrote:
>
> If you look in http://www.soft-switch.org/download/snapshots/snapdsp,
> the latest snapshot of spandsp and the app_rxfax and app_txfax
> applications there provide ECM. It is less well tested than the
> spandsp-0.0.2 code, but seems to be working pretty well now.

Fantastic.

This looks pretty good I have to say - The ECM seems as if it may be a
little intolerant... On a fax machine where I got 100% success in the
past with 0.0.2, I am now getting "result (60) Disconnected after
permitted retries." on about every 4th page.

Is the ECM tolerance level tuneable in spandsp, or is this
hard-defined in the standard? Is it just a matter of changing:
  #define MAX_MESSAGE_TRIES   3

I also noticed that the page title in the TIFF does not appear to be
set for the last page received any more (I have not looked into this
at-all though, so it may be my environment).

Thanks again.
Steve