[asterisk-users] Kirk IP600 V3 DECT Wireless server

Remco Barendse asterisk at barendse.to
Wed Sep 13 03:19:12 MST 2006

Hi list!

Does anyone have experiences with the updated model of the Kirk IP600?
The V3 model is supposed to support SIP instead of only SCCP or H323 which
would make the use with Asterisk a lot easier.

I have only tested the Kirk IP600 V2 with SCCP / Skinny protocol which is
still giving me severe headaches :

- the standard  Skinny driver in * doesn't work, only the version of
Sergio Chersovani is working but with some stability problems
- audible echo
- i have 2 kirk handsets and 2 Siemens handsets, the first 2 Kirk handsets
always ring on an incoming call, the Siemens handsets only sometimes ring
(don't know if this is caused by a problem in the SCCP driver or poor
support of the IP600 for non-Kirk phones??)

Because of my earlier experiences I am hesitating to try the V3 version.

Experiences anyone?

Thanks!